Your insurance program needs cyber liability insurance now more than ever!
On November 1, 2018 the Government of Canada quietly pushed forward mandatory data-breach disclosure obligations for Canadian businesses. The mandatory breach reporting and recordkeeping provisions of Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) are now in force, and businesses need to stay in compliance.
The mandatory recordkeeping provisions require organizations to:
Traditional insurance policies are not enough! Policies for property, business interruption, general liability, and crime either specifically exclude cyber related losses or provide coverage only in very limited, specific circumstances. With no insurance in place, the cost of recovering from a cyber breach could put you out of business and your employees out of a job.
Cyber Liability policies will pay for the experts you need. Organizations that suffer data security breaches need expert help. Proper cyber insurance policies can give policyholders “front-of-the-line” access to the best personnel needed to survive a data breach incident, including legal, forensic IT, crisis management consulting, and credit monitoring services.
HUB’s exclusive cyber solution can provide your business with coverages and pricing that are superior to other policies in the marketplace.
• Simple application with only a few questions
• Coverage for cyber extortion and ransomware
• Protection of data hosted on a third-party network (with a written contract)
• Crisis management (legal and PR advice)
• Forensic investigation of incident cause and scope
• Customer notification and credit monitoring
• System/data restoration and remediation
• Loss of business revenue
• Regulatory proceedings included
• Liability coverage for invasion of privacy rights and virus transmission
Being contacted by a network security specialist within 60 minutes or of reporting a breach via a dedicated call-in number, in order to assess the situation. Within three hours you will have a legal opinion, and steps toward a recovery plan.